Saturday, February 4, 2012

The perfect beginning to a Saturday

It's time for Restaurant Day once again, and since I skipped the previous one I figured I might as well check out a pop-up restaurant or two today. (I ended up sticking with one, because that was more than enough in -20°C, thank you very much.)

Because I absolutely love Mexican food, we decided to brave the cold and headed to ¡Viva Mexico!, an outdoor taqueria opened by students of Turku University.


¡viva mexico!02


¡viva mexico!


j-p


The boyfriend was not impressed with my food photography.



burrito


burrito02


What be both were impressed with, though, was the size of the burritos. I was barely able to finish mine, so the portions were more than reasonable considering the price. The chili verde was spicy and excellent, and worked really well with the rice inside the burrito. I was freezing when we got to ¡Viva Mexico!, but by the time I had the taqueria's burrito in my hands I was feeling pleasantly warm (and by the time I finished eating it my belly was pleasantly full). 

Can't wait to see what the people in my city come up with for the next Restaurant Day!

No comments: