Sunday, February 26, 2012

Best buys of 2011

I really was terrible at posting last year. This post will serve as proof positive.

I bought a lot of things last fall (some of them in August!), and while these things were in frequent use, I completely failed to mention them on the blog. Or maybe "gush" would be a better word. Regardless, here we go:


heels02


heels


The best purchase in a while was a pair of black velvet pumps (above) by French Connection, which I originally got because I needed nice shoes to wear when performing. Since then, they've served me at many a gig, and even a wedding. My calves where in such pain the first time I wore them (I'm woefully unaccustomed to wearing heels), but once my feet got used to them the pumps turned out to be surprisingly comfortable.

As fall went on I managed to develop a liking to suede shoes, which was kind of idiotic considering Finnish weather conditions. Fall is usually a mix of rain and slush – neither of which work well with suede – but I found that actually, you know, looking out the window and checking the weather forecast before going out is a very effective way of keeping your shoes in good shape. And when all else fails it's best to just ignore style in favor of rain boots.


booties


cap


bunny


I finally also saw reason in the form of a cap made of 100% wool. I've been wearing various H&M hats for pretty much as long as I can remember, but when I visited Stockholm in August I decided to shell out for this pretty green Whyred cap, and haven't regretted it once. I've been wearing it all  winter and it still looks brand new, which is more than I can say for any of the articles I've bought from H&M.

I also spent a little on a cute safety reflector, which is a must-have during the darkest months in Finland. If I have to wear one on my coat, I figured it might as well look nice.



clutch

The only article that hasn't gotten much wear is this beautiful cognac clutch that I also found in Stockholm, but that's mostly because I just haven't had a chance to wear it. I can't seem to get it to go with any of my winter outfits, but come summer I'm sure I will find plenty of use for said purse.


What is you verdict? Did you guys find anything extra special last year?

1 comment:

Linda said...

Dom där klackskorna är så fina! Jag sku vill ha den modellen i alla möjliga färger, mönster och material :)