Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Girl's night out

Because of the extreme cold, I spend most of last week confined to my apartment. That was fine for a while, but when Saturday came around I felt as if I needed to get out if only to avoid cabin fever. I started by checking out what Restaurant Day had to offer, and when it got dark I headed out to a bar to meet friends. We spent hours talking, laughing and drinking wine. Lots of wine.


pensive maiju


minna


linda


linda02


drinks 

Sunday, in turn, was spent suffering from a wine-induced hangover, feeling old. I was originally planning to make poached eggs and salad for dinner, but when I woke up salad greens were pretty much the furthest thing from my mind. In a stroke of genius, the salad ingredients were then put to use in the form of breakfast (fried eggs and bacon) and dinner (fries and the best burger ever). We used this brilliant recipe for chili-lime ketchup to give the burger a little extra zest, and the result was just perfect. Definitely beats any burger you could get from the local fast-food joints.

(I suspect the secret to a good burger lies in using fatty meat and fresh ingredients, but I am still going to claim it was all due to our cooking prowess.)


burger open-faced


best burger

No comments: