Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Choices, choices

So. A friend of mine (or rather, my boyfriend's best friend) is getting married this spring, and I immediately thought shoes. I haven't actually attended a summer wedding since high-school, which means I don't own a single pair of heels that would work for festivities in warmer weather (because well, I just don't consider clogs suitable attire for a wedding. And the one pair of high heel sandals I do own is not a viable option when there is going to be dancing involved. I feel like I should add another parenthesis explaining that my dancing is really much closer to flailing, but until prescriptive grammar starts allowing double parenthesis this sentence will just have to suffice). Also, I kind of just want a new pair of shoes for the summer. 

Long story short, after browsing online shops I quickly fell in love with two possible candidates, both from Filippa K (what can I say, she just really understands the kind of understated elegance I go for in footwear). But the real issue here (aside from my abuse of italics) is that after ordering both pairs and trying them on at home, I still don't know which ones to choose. And my budget will not allow me to keep both. Rich world problems, I know, but help me decide, will you?


filippaK_bliss

Our first contender is from this year's spring collection, and is suede in a soft, putty color. The heel is sturdy and good to walk in, but I'm not sure about the size.


filippaK_kate

Our second contender is from last year's collection, but is still not outdated as ankle-cuffs are very on-trend right now. They're black, which makes them versatile, but the leather is not as soft, which means there's a risk of chafing.

What say you? Comfortable and modern, or classic and timeless?

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hmmm.. Skulle behålla dem som känns skönare, det vill säga det paret som med minsta sannolikhet inte kommer att skava. Annars så gillar jag det svarta kanske aningen mer..

Linda said...

Öh, det blev ett litet tankefel i kommentaren. Alltså, behåll paret som inte kommer att skava.

Unknown said...

Jep, lutar själv också mot det bekvämare paret fast de svarta sandaletterna är snyggare. Dessutom har jag ren två par svarta klackskor, så kanske det kunde vara bra med något ljust till sommaren...

Tack för hjälpen!