Thursday, January 19, 2012

Back and forth

As you've probably noticed, the blog is going through some changes. During the last few months I've found myself very uninspired when it comes to blogging, and after some contemplation I realized that my reluctance was mostly due to the language I was posting in. While I've spent almost four years blogging in Finnish, my history of writing journal entries online reaches far beyond that time. I originally started off writing on Livejournal in English, as a way of keeping in touch with my online friends. When I went off to Japan for a year, it felt more important to keep my Finnish alive, and so I started this blog and gave up writing in English.

Now I feel like I'm back to square one, and as my M.A. thesis in English is the only thing standing in the way of graduation, I find that I am using English less and less. As I still have a lot of friends internationally, it seems only natural to start writing in a lingua franca that the majority can understand. So, while the switch from Finnish to English may seem sudden to my readers, for me it's been a long time coming.

I do realize that this is going to be a bit of an adjustment for you readers, so try to bear with me. Hopefully this change will also pay off for you guys in the form of more frequent posts.

No comments: